DANK Dispensary welcomes qualifying patients with a valid Medical Marijuana Registry Card (MMJ Card) to shop in our medical dispensary. If you feel you could benefit from medical marijuana, now is a great time to obtain your MMJ Card. When you are on the Medical Marijuana Registry, you can shop at any Colorado medical marijuana dispensary. With the registry, you are allowed to cultivate 6 plants (or more with an extended plant count). Instead of growing cannabis yourself, you can assign your plants to DANK and we’ll reward you with membership benefits in exchange.
Benefits of Medical Marijuana
- Less Taxes. Taxes in the medical marijuana store (8.3% total) are less than retail (25.91% total).
- Increased Volume. Medical shoppers have greater purchasing power. Patients are allowed to purchase and possess larger quantities of product each day, up to two ounces per visit, individually or in any combination of the following:
- 56 grams of flower
- 40 grams of concentrate
- 20,000mg of edibles
- Increased Potency. Because of increased volume, individual packages of cannabis products have greater THC quantity. In the medical marijuana dispensary, it is not uncommon to see 250mg, 500mg and 1000mg THC edibles.
- Better Prices. Most prices are lower in the medical dispensary because of purchasing power and medical necessity. Edibles are $0.09 per gram in the medical shop and $0.16 per gram in the retail store.
- Doctor’s Evaluation and Monitoring. Medical patients meet with a physician to discuss cannabis and the benefits that may be offered. The doctor advises the patient on dosing and discusses alternatives to cannabis for qualifying conditions, giving you a medical professional in your corner.
- Extended Plant Counts. During your medical evaluation, your physician can recommend greater plant counts for needy patients. This allows you even greater purchasing power and allows greater quantities to be cultivated at home.
- Membership Benefits. Medical patients who assign their plants to a dispensary like DANK receive rewards through store credits, member pricing, and exclusive discounts.
To be qualified for an MMJ Card, customers must be a Colorado resident of at least 18 years of age or older with a qualifying medical condition. There are some exceptions for younger patients if they have a parental/guardian consent and have two separate physicians conclude that the minor has a debilitating condition.
Qualifying Health Conditions
Colorado has several medical conditions that qualify a resident to apply for an MMJ Card. Conditions include:
- HIV or AIDS
- Persistent muscle spasms
- Severe nausea
- Severe pain
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- An Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Any condition for which a physician could prescribe an opioid
Create Account & Enter Info
Before you visit a physician, you must first create an account with the State of Colorado on the medical marijuana registry page.
See a Doctor
After setting up your online account, you must meet with a physician in good standing with the State of Colorado. You can talk to your regular physician, or you can meet with one of the many medical marijuana physicians who have specialized their practices to evaluate and process medical marijuana patients. Physicians must be MDs or DOs and provide a recommendation stating that you, the patient, could benefit from medical marijuana. During your visit, you may be asked to support your claim so be prepared with paperwork, xrays, and other verification that your condition is current and is a qualifying condition.
Once you have completed the doctor’s evaluation, your physician must submit the proper certifications online via your account. Most MMJ Physicians will process the remainder of your application for a small fee by compiling the required information and submitting the application on your behalf. If you choose to submit the evaluation and other information yourself, use these lists to make sure you have a complete application and follow the steps identified here .
Applications submitted online with all correct information are approved in 1-3 business days. Applications take longer to process if they are submitted with incorrect information or expired documents, so wait for that joint and submit your documents with no mistakes.
Reciprocity in Colorado
Unfortunately, Colorado does not offer medical marijuana reciprocity. Only qualifying patients or caregivers with valid medical marijuana cards are able to purchase and consume medical cannabis in the state of Colorado.
Telemedicine in Colorado
If you are considering obtaining an MMJ Card, you’re in luck because Colorado simplified the process, now allowing online evaluation via telemedicine. Visit one of our favorite MMJ Doctors online and tell them DANK will cultivate your plants:
Thanks for reading. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to a manager at DANK Dispensary who can help you through the process. In the meantime, find out what’s happening at DANK by reading through our blogs.